Hi and welcome to the world of me, Yasmin Marks. I hope you will enjoy reading and finding out all there is to know about my rowing career; from training, racing and beyond!

Sunday 3 August 2014

Commonwealth Rowing Championships 2014

After what felt like a disastrous season this year I was over the moon when I received an email inviting me to the lightweight seat racing day for the commonwealth rowing championships and the opportunity to represent England.  

I had applied for consideration to represent the England team for the commonwealth rowing regatta, taking place on 9-10th August at Strathclyde Park, so when I received this email all my attention was focused for potential selection. Due to my ranking within GB Rowing I did not have to race at the required regatta for selection and I got invited to the seat racing process. This was an afternoon full of racing in doubles to see who worked well together and who did not. They were looking for 3 lightweight athletes and I finished within the top 3 so I eagerly waited to hear if I had been selected. It wasn’t for many weeks until I heard that I was successful and will be representing Team England at the commonwealth rowing championships. I am so excited and happy that I have got this opportunity having missed out for the U23s and I am determined to get a medal around my neck!

I will be racing in the lightweight double scull along with my squad member Nikki Spencer. We will then be coming together with two other athletes to race in the Women’s quadruple scull. Training has been very focused and we are both striving to do the best we possibly can for our country. It will be my first international event and I am unbelievably excited but the nerves are starting to kick in…1 week to go, bring it on!

Here is the official website which should keep you all up to date and provide further information: http://www.crc2014.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment :-)