Hi and welcome to the world of me, Yasmin Marks. I hope you will enjoy reading and finding out all there is to know about my rowing career; from training, racing and beyond!

Sunday 5 January 2014

BUCS – Indoors and Small Boats


As I am a student at the University of Derby I compete in the BUCS competitions trying to gain points for my university and help get us high up in the leader board.
 

The first event for rowing is the University Indoor Rowing Championships and as I competed at trials my result can go towards this. I gained 2nd place and hopefully therefore some points for the university but unfortunately at the moment the results from the GB trails have yet to be passed onto BUCS. As my time was 7:14.0 I am pretty confident I will be awarded the silver position J

The small boats race was held at Boston and was joined with the trials 5km water test. Therefore my result from this was placed towards the BUCS competition. The top times were very close but I finished 6th in this event and just missed out from getting points for my university!

Overall, for the first two races of the BUCS season I am happy with the results and look forward to representing my university at the BUCS Regatta in May J
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment :-)